I'm at a friend's house for the weekend and we were playing around with TopShop makeup more. It's so fun...
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
A blog that a I follow, Kristiana's, talked about Topshop's new online makeover
It is THE most accurate one online that I have ever used!!!!
Here are my before and after pics :) It was practically like photoshop hahaha
If you want to play the makeup application game too, Click here!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
For Asian eyelashes, long and thick lashes don't come easily. While this technique takes more time than it does to apply one coat of any type of mascara it pays off! To accomplish this look you will need three products:
1) Shu Umera's Eyelash curler
2) Fairy Drops Mascara (Best Curling Mascara!)
3) a lengthening mascara (mine is a brand from Japan)
So here are the steps!
1-Curl lashes with Shu Uemura curler
2-use fairy drops mascara. Coat several times. This mascara acts as eyelash-hairspray. It dries quickly and keeps the curl in the eyelash without drooping or weighing down! let dry.
3-Apply lengthening mascara
5-reapply more fairy drops if necessary. It builds well but doesn't add as much length as you may like
I swear by this method! I don't use it everday though because as you can tell by the 5 steps it takes a bit of time.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Happy Birthday Mom (a blog post celebration a day late!)
We went for dinner and I wore simple shorts and a light tshirt since it was almost 75 degrees! It was blazing hot!
The shirt is from H&M and I adore it. I wish they had a size small, I was stuck with size Medium because there was nothing left so the shoulders are a bit large. But it's super soft....if there wasn't armor on my shoulder I'd totally sleep in it. But the "armored shoulders" make it fierce so I like it anyway :)
Monday, May 10, 2010
This foundation is pretty fantastic!!! I'll break it down simply so I don't blabber on for ages.
Pros: smooth application, blended flawlessly, seamless (you couldn't tell I was covering anything up, basically), and my friend even commented my skin looked "pimple free" during my worst break out week ever), long lasting (still looked good after a whole day!)
Cons: The stupid packaging. Screw on/off top, really?! I wish it had a pump like the Revlon Photoready container.
Applicator that I use: normal sponges. This is the first time I'm using a liquid foundation because I always assumed it would be too difficult to work with and that I would look cakey so I was just testing it out with sponge wedges from Target. It was au contraire about cakiness! It looks LESS cakey than the mineral foundation I was using before. In fact, it's not cakey at all! I layered quite alot on my chin (break out week especially attacked my chin) and it didn't look super packed on! It blended so flawlessly!
Score: 9/10 <-- minus 1 for the stupid packaging! Give us a pump!
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
From Target, that is! :)
1) TRESemme heat protectant spray! I bought this a couple months ago and used it all up (I straighted my hair daily back then) but decided to try a different product afterwards. BAD mistake. I love this one so much so I finally got around to picking up another one :) 4 dollars of awesome smelling hair!
2) Aussie Catch the Wave, Mousse + Leave in Conditioner: Just trying it tonight! I showered, towel dried my hair, put the mousse in then twisted my hair and pinned it up! We shall see the results tomorrow! I don't have high hopes...it's not like some magical mousse will make me have nice waves.
3) All over youtube...EVERYWHERE, this foundation has gotten raves. So finally i went out and got it and after trying it at home I liked it. Can't guarantee anything yet of course. We'll see how it pans out :) I want to see how it deals after a whole day of school compared to mineral makeup. I haven't ever used liquid actually!! The first real foundation I used was Benefit's Some Kind of Gorgeous which is SO GREAT, but the 28 dollars every 2-3 months was getting lame, then I just started using mineral makeup and kept to it.
Ok! back to AP test studying:)
Saturday, May 1, 2010
My AP US History notebook (it's like a big compilation of homework that everyone procrastinates that's due at the end of each unit) is due Monday and I really don't feel like doing it right now. I've been really sick so for the past two days I just lounged around like a pig playing Restaurant City, Hotel City, Pet Society, and Country (something) on facebook. PRO-ACTIVITY FOR THE WIN!
If you haven't watched Christian Siriano's TV show you must. It's on HULU and called Christian Siriano: Having a Moment.
It's pretty fabulous. Ok...failure, I can't find it on hulu right now but I swear it's there! I have watched the one available episode over and over again!
Here's my Gatsby costume. It's a random picture that I took at home. It was so awkward taking that photo!!! It's right outside my door so my neighbors could've seen me..