Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cornell Big Red - Day 3

University Information Session

So today I went to the university information session and the room was PACKED! There were a lot of kids from, well, I don't know where, but there were a lot of them. It was the basic yay-yay-our-school is awesome as well as the basic admissions info. After that I went to see my sister's thesis presentation but then I got a text message that I couldn't go because there were too many professors :( sad.

I did some studying in collegetown since I had to meet her after about an hour and I didn't have keys back to the apartment.

I got an email back from the professor whose lecture I loved! I hope I can keep in contact with him.

I went to the music library today! It only took me about a HALF HOUR to find it! :( They don't label it the Music Library on the map so I basically wandered around for a while. I found the main library than asked for directions. I got a great workout today! Anyway, oh man, the music library was incredible. The musky smell of old books was so cool (I sound weird, I know) but then after a while I think I got a bit of an allergic reaction and had trouble breathing...but I did get to read cover to cover a super old book about the history of music. It was really nice.

I also saw a book called Piano in Concert which has short bios of famous pianists. Guess who was in there! Daniel Pollack! I have an autographed picture of him on my old piano from my first year of piano camp with him! I feel so lucky to have gotten to work with him. I have camp again this year so I'm excited to play my new Chopin piece since I'm in love with it. I'm in piano withdrawal....I can't find one! My piano teacher called me yesterday and she said if I went to the music wing and talked to him a bit I might be able to borrow a piano practice room for a bit but it'll have to go on the backburner for a little while due to business classes being a bit higher in priority.

I'm still working on this summer session essays....this is getting so overdue! I'm so frustrated. I wonder if I can incorporate my trip to Cornell in my application essay. I feel like there is so much for me to say that I can't just ignore this great trip.

tomorrow I have a social influence and persuasion class! It looks really fascinating. I'm sad Friday will be my last day. Staying with my sister has been great! Her work finishes today so we are going out to dinner and downtown! YAYYY Cornell!

This is Sage Chapel where I heard a student playing Chopin. It's so beautiful inside! There are alot of weddings here and alot of Cornell alum marry each other inside!



No comments:

Post a Comment